Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cycle 1 - I made it

The first cycle of the school year is done. I made it!!! I have to say, this week has been a lot more relaxed than last year. Last year, the first day of school, I called my friends and had them go with me for ice cream because I thought I made the wrong decision. This year, no ice cream on the 1st day of school so that was a sign that the week would be okay!

I finished my first review for the school year. Here's a link. I just finished reading Blake Nelson's "They Came From Below." I have a couple of places where I put reviews but I think I will just place them on Vox because it's easier. If you do not want to read my review, just know, that I highly recommend this book.

This year, I have 15 students. All of them have good personalities. No one who is out of control. That is new for me and I am pretty happy about it. I still need to work on my class management skills and having the kids remain focused when they come to class. We start discussions and they just take it and run. It's great but at the same time, we have so much work to do.

I am feeling a lot more confident this year. I know, things will happen but at least I am more comfortable with the curriculum.

No comments: