Monday, November 19, 2007

Hello! Moodle!

We get to use Moodle to enhance some of classes. I am very very excited about this. I used Moodle in a class taught by Dennis O'Connor for UW-Stout called "E-learning for Educators" last year.

I have started setting up my class page and am actually using some of the techniques I learned about in Dennis' class, like setting up an "icebreaker" activity so that students can familiarize themselves with the how the page works. Since this is the first year, I am going to use the multitasker game from My Pop Studio.com. I am a little worried that it is geared towards girls but I think the boys will have fun with it.

I have been reading a lot about how students spend a fair amount of time online and I think this will be another way for us to engage them in discussion. I do not think it will add too much to their schedule because they will be online anyway. I am interested in using the chat feature one day just to see how it works and also to see how students react to it.

No comments: