Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Character Building - Do you have book suggestions?

I mentioned earlier that this school year's theme was about "character." Today, I was reading Read Write Web's post on books that can build character. It is a short list but pretty diverse with books by Murakami (my personal favorite) and Lance Armstrong, not only books on technology or business.

What books would you include on a list related to building character?

I have been thinking about what I have read this past year and I think I would include:
  • Paul Newman & A.E. Hotchner - Shameless Exploitation
  • Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin - Three Cups of Tea
  • Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture
  • Bethany Hamilton - Soul Surfer

I will look through my list but if you have any suggestions please comment and I will create a display in the library related to the theme.

No comments: