Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Endless Stream of Classes


The Crowd Watches the Fireworks by Waldo Jaquith

Today was a blur. We had classes coming in for most of the day and I did not have a chance to even sit at my desk, except for about 40 minutes. Aside from that I was running around the library helping an endless stream of kids with a science assignment. The lessons are pretty short, quick reminders of where to start their research, how to cite and quick reminders of features in MS Word, but it was just constant. I haven't had a day like this in a while. Tomorrow, we have another project starting so on top of the running around teaching and assisting students, I was trying to set up a new libguide page for that assignment. I have a template but I also had to test search e-books and databases as well as look for books in the collection. Thank goodness, Dave, was there running around with me.

Max is out at the Catholic Library Association Conference in Anaheim. I really wish I could have gone to that because today there were all these speakers that I wanted to hear.

Also, I am using Creative Commons Search for images for this blog. I love that is an aggregator and searches multiple sites. Is anyone else out there using this instead of just googling images? What do you think?

2 comments:

Waldo Jaquith said...

Also, I am using Creative Commons Search for images for this blog. I love that is an aggregator and searches multiple sites. Is anyone else out there using this instead of just googling images? What do you think?As the photographer of the image you used, I think it's just fine. :)

Anna M. said...

thanks for setting it up so that I can use the image Waldo! It's people like you that make things easier for people to collaborate and/or create and/or enhance things! Thanks!