Monday, August 17, 2009

SXSW 2010 - Panel Picking Time!!!

It's that time of year again where we get to vote on the different panels at SXSW. I went to SXSW, geez, a couple of years ago now and it was the best experience ever. I went to the Interactive, Film and part of the Music Conferences. I hope, this coming year I can make it to Interactive. Though certain people do not understand why SXSW is relevant to librarians, I am hoping they will approve it this year.
Lots of librarians seem to be attending now that David Lee King promoted it on his blog in 2007. When I went, NO librarians were there, ok maybe a handful, but not to the level I'm reading about now.
This year, Cecily (@skekali on twitter) proposed "Can I Reserve This Book With My iPhone" and you can read about here and vote to include it! about how libraries can use or build web services to stay relevant in this age. It sound so good! Vote! Vote! Vote! David Lee King proposed a panel as well "Designing Your Customer's Digital Experience" which you can vote for here.

You have to register but it's worth it!!

Hopefully I will see you there too!

No comments: