Friday, February 5, 2010

Graphic Novel Friday!! "One Hundred Demons" by Lynda Barry

What Caught My Eye: My friend, Donald, over at CCA in Oakland, introduced me to Lynda Barry. We used to take a moment out of our day to read the latest Marly's comic in the SF Weekly, laugh out loud and then move on with helping art students in the library. The cover is a mish-mash of colors and images and just makes you wonder "what's in here?" Or as one of my students asked "100 demons? What kind of demons?"

Why I Didn't Put It Down: Because Lynda Barry is incredibly hilarous and she knows about the aswang!!! I love her drawings. You can just relate to the dysfunctional and entertaining family and Barry is a great storyteller and her images are just as enjoyable as her words.

Who Would I Recommend This To: Anyone with a great sense of humor. Young, old...it's for Everybody!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will have to check this book out!!! Fun blog!

Mama Librarian said...

I was just looking Aya in the comic store on Saturday night. How neat to see it pop up in your message footer. =) Graphic Novel Friday! Why didn't I know about this? So cool.