Tuesday, April 13, 2010

AISL 2010 Nashville Day 1

Well, I don't have a card reader to post pictures so I will have to do that later. This is the first day of AISL and it was mainly to get to Nashville and register. I did that and met a couple of people, I even met CD McLean and company in the elevator.

I got here at about 5pm and then spent the evening hanging out with my friend, Jan001, who I first met on Vox and then followed on Twitter and now have met live and in person! YAY! She's pretty flipping cool! She even picked me up from the airport and showed me the sites - the Parthenon and just around town. Then we headed over to the Loveless Cafe. If you are ever going to Nashville and want some excellent amazing mouth-watering Southern cooking - YOU NEED to come here! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

The Loveless Cafe's Biscuit Lady, Carol Fay, passed away recently but she was all over the television making those amazing biscuits I just ate. She's got a secret recipe and I guess, she probably passed it on to the next person over at the Loveless Cafe...You can watch some of her spots here. She was even on Conan :)

Anyway, I know, that's not any "library" stuff at all but it does give you a glimpse as to the cool things that can happen when you "meet" someone on the internet...

Thanks Jan!!!!

No comments: