Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm a Folllower! The joys of Library Thing




This year, Dave (Big Building, Lots of Books blog), introduced me to LibraryThing. He has created a lot of cool collections relevant to our curriculum and has even put a really cool widget on our LibGuides page. So, I finally tried to add a collection, which is pictured above.


We are starting to get requests for Summer Reading Recommendations and I thought, "Why not put it on LibGuides?" It has actually made it so much easier. You can scan or search for a book and simply add it to a collection. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier especially since Elisabeth, at Archipelago has written about this before. However, she has it on her LibGuides page.


This summer that will have to be one of my projects..using LibGuides to host a summer reading list but right now..I'm pretty happy with having an easily accessible list on LibraryThing.


Also, apparently, this is the last full week of school. I think my body knows because I can barely make it out of bed in the morning...

1 comment:

CD McLean said...

I've been happier with goodreads. hmmmm. When you get a free moment during your relaxing summer break, shoot me an email and send me the link to your libguide with Dave's librarything and your library thing examples. I would love to see them!

8-)
cd