Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10 #10: Wisdom

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it
- Albert Einstein

I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out what decisions I have made this year. Maybe this is a sign that I haven't really been making any decisions at all. In my career, I am pretty comfortable with where I am at - though there are always new tools to use and incorporate into lessons. I've taken on more at school since I am also one of the heads of the Charity Council. I think I'm a much better team leader. We are really doing more innovating things and approaching the lessons with fresh eyes.

In life, I am still wavering on my "what is the next step" decision. I know, it's fear of change, fear of making the wrong decision, fear of failing. But when it comes to these things, the universe usually kicks me and then I jump. Sometimes, jumping isn't the best approach but for me, it seems to be the best thing to do to get my motivated and moving.

I am very proud of my effort to support the things I hold dear. I don't have a lot of money but if I can help my family, friends, and organizations, I will do it with what little extra I have. I have had the opportunity to help rebuild houses in New Orleans, I have donated to different charities, Planned Parenthood, the SPCA, and various online sources, like Wikipedia and Mozilla. It feels good to give to these great organizations. I definitely want to do more of that this coming year. And we already have our return to New Orleans and the St. Bernard Project happening in conjunction with the wedding of the year.

So, it's already happening. It's all happening.

No comments: