Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb10 #8 : Beauty

I can't believe I'm already behind on my #reverb10 posts. This week's prompt is about :
December 8 – Beautifully Different.
Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

Beauty - in projection and perceiving - is 99.9% attitude. ~Grey Livingston

When I first read this prompt, I have to admit, I kind of rolled my eyes. I don't feel I have low-self esteem or anything and maybe living in Los Angeles has warped my idea of beauty but I am just not comfortable thinking or talking about "what makes me beautiful."

But since I'm reflecting, I guess, I should put something down. I think my laughter is one of the things that makes me different. I laugh all the time. I laugh in class. I laugh with coworkers. I laugh with friends. I constantly see the humor in things.

I'm having a difficult time writing this post. I am not used to talking about myself. Some people are very good at it. I like to keep a lot of things to myself. So I'm going to stop now.

No comments: