Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just out of the oven


Just out of the oven
Originally uploaded by Miss Martini (AnnaLynn M.)

I'm home sick so I decided to make some scones. I love scones. They are one of my most favorite things to eat but the ones at the stores are either weirdly textured or too sweet. I've never made them before and I thought I would need a scone pan but thank goodness I have "Baking Illustrated." It's my go-to recipe book for all things baked. So far every recipe I've tried from it has been delicious.
Here is the link for the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Baking-Illustrated-Cooks-Magazine-Editors/dp/0936184752

It calls for currants but I had candied ginger so I decided to use those instead. Plus, ginger is good for you when you are sick :)

I am not sure if kids would be down with eating scones. We have a Book Bistro meeting tomorrow and I'm hoping I am feeling better. Tomorrow is actually a pretty busy day. We also have to celebrate the Library Goddess' birthday and I said I would bake a quiche. I've never made quiche before so that will be interesting.

No comments: