Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering 9/11


Brooklyn Bridge - 9/11 Memorial Lights
Originally uploaded by DiGitALGoLD

I can't really believe that is has been 10 years since 9/11 happened...
I was not so sure how the kids at school would feel about it. Most of them were babies. We did have a memorial service at the school but I know, that it is something very distant from their lives.

Today, I was driving with MisterJT and we were talking about how much has happened in 10 years in our own lives. It is sad that that event is marker. I lived in Albany, CA. I was a bartender. I was a circulation assistant at an art school. Since then, I lost my dad. I worked at Dreamworks, Fox, and the UCLA Film Archives. I graduated from UCLA. I became a school librarian. I started baking more. I started making things. I broke someone's heart and I was heart broken. I now have 10 beautiful nieces and nephews. I went to China. I went to NOLA. Life goes forward.

I am not sure if the events of that day will hit me tomorrow. I wish our soldiers were back home. I am not even sure if we are safer now. I feel like there is more hatred in this country since those events. I hope things get better...My thoughts go out to the families who mourn this day, the soldiers we've lost and those who are still fighting the war....

No comments: