Wednesday, May 9, 2012

News and other things


Things are coming to end and soon another year at the middle school will be over. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by...

On the public library side of things, it's been good. Probably because I've cut my days there. I never knew how important it was to have a weekend off to just do things that I want, like rest. Also, it actually frees up my time to focus on things for school!

On the school library side, things are excellent. I signed on for another year and there are enough changes that I am not feeling unchallenged. I am teaching 2 new courses, a SCRATCh class, this summer and a Tech Leadership course next fall. I am nervous about both. I might also guest instruct a class on audio and video in relation to journalism. It's funny, I ran into one of our upper school kids and he reminded me that I taught that class 2 years ago! Time really flies in a school.

Things I am brushing up on and reading:

  • Cataloging - RDA specifically. Can we make the book at least a little humorous?
  • The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos and Nate Powell (graphic novel)
  • Dead to You by Lisa McMann
Also, taking that feel CS 101 class through Stanford. It's so cool. Unfortunately, I need that kind of direction when learning. I wish I could just be disciplined enough to do things on my own...but at least, I know that about myself.

No comments: