Saturday, April 19, 2008

Celebrating Earth Day

In celebration of Earth Day and to remind students to print only what they need, I was given the task of creating a short video. I took a couple of days and with some starts and stops (my work computer would freeze on me, causing me to scream in frustration). I am pretty happy with what I made. It is only about 45 seconds. Just enough to keep their attention right?

I used still images and 2 programs. I started with MS Movie Maker but then I wanted to add motion to one of the pictures and it would not let me. I then made a mini-motion movie of that one image using MS PhotoStory, which I then imported into movie maker and dropped into the timeline.

The story behind the video is that 1 - Cambria Gordon visited and 2- students tend to leave multiple copies and reams and reams of printouts. This is just our friendly reminder. I hope you like it and I hope I don't get in trouble for using about 30 seconds of Jack Johnson's song "The 3 R's." Eeek.

Here you go:

No comments: