Thursday, April 24, 2008

Great Tips on Teaching PPT

We are in our ppt unit and we have been reworking it every year. Our team leader sent this article over and I thought I would share it. It's great! Hopefully, I will be able to convey this to my students. I'll keep you posted.

PowerPoint Reform: a first chapter
January 20, 2008


After 10 years, it was time.  We could not sit through another bullet-ridden, brain-numbing student presentation.  We interviewed the kids.  For them it was just as bad.

Technology coach Ken Rodoff and I worked with classroom teachers to break bad habits. We worked with one English class preparing presentations on Ethan Frome and four Senior Seminar classes.  
What we shared:
  • We echoed the words of one student from a class unit we piloted last year--"the slides are for the audience; they are not for me."
  •  blog it

    No comments: