Sunday, November 9, 2008

Apologies...

For those who don't know me, I apologize way too much. I apologize so much my friends have resorted to pinching me every time an "I'm sorry" escapes from my lips. I cannot help it. It's a habit that I am trying to break. But like all habits, it is a challenge.

But I do apologize for not writing more on this blog. This year, one of my goals, was to be a better teacher-librarian. If you are a teacher-librarian, you know how challenging this is. We are constantly having to learn new skills, relearn old ones, adapt to the ever changing world of education, librarianship, technology, etc. All this on top of our lives. I had to revisit my goals for the year and noticed that they were geared more towards the beginning of the year and not for what I should be doing during the year. Here are some of the things that are on-going:
  • class management (it is working but the set-up of the classroom is a challenge but I have to work with what I've got)
  • lesson preparation (i really do need a night to prepare but with everything else i rush through this)
  • incorporate reflection and point out overlapping themes in regards to research and media literacy
  • be a better guide for my students (i feel as if i am a product of the education i received - a talking head - students want to participate more)
  • read more books on education, 21st century learning, etc.
  • participate more in the field (i feel as if i just run out of time, but the "movers and shakers" never seem to sleep. maybe I shouldn't sleep)

That's it for now folks. Maybe you can give me some tips on becoming a better teacher/librarian...or just being a better manager or being a better human being. Thanks!

No comments: