Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Book Drops: "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger (rated 5 stars)

by Audrey Niffenegger

I never read “The Time Traveler’s Wife” so I cannot really compare this book to that one which is probably a good thing. I will say that this is a really wonderful read.
So, the following I am taking from Unshelved:

What Caught My Eye: I loved the book cover. Iridescent blue sky and look up past silhouettes of bare branches I had to pick it up. Also, I read a review of it in, People Magazine, of all places, and I had to order it. Plus all the hype about “The Time Traveler’s Wife” movie sparked even more curiousity about Niffenegger’s new book.

Why I Finished It: I really was invested in the lives of the characters – the 2 sets of twins in a family, the secrets, the tug of twins and/or siblings, London and Highgate Cemetery, ghosts, unfinished lives, OCD – all blended together to make a wonderfully beautiful piece of fiction.

Who Would I Recommend this To: those who like Audrey Niffenegger’s last book, people who love ghost stories and cemeteries, people fascinated with London, siblings, middle schoolers, high schoolers, adults.

No comments: