Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Drops: "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick (YA) (rated 5 stars)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

What Caught My Eye: Angel falling with his wings falling apart. Need I say more. Also one of our students really loved it and kept saying “You have to read it. You have to read it.” I mean, with a recommendation like that..well, I had to read it!

Why I Didn’t Put It Down: It has been a while since I’ve read a YA book that I just had to finish. I actually fell asleep reading this and the second I woke up I picked it right back up and finished it. This reminded me a bit of “Twilight” with setting and even the premise but instead of vampire it’s a fallen angel and “Hush, Hush” is A LOT better written. Nora Grey is academically strict and very controlled. She has a plan and nothing will make her stray not even boys until one day, the aloof transfer student, Patch, ends up being her lab partner. Something is odd about him and he makes her uncomfortable. She hates him but something also draws her to him. (see what I mean about Twilight). Nora is tough and holds her own against Patch’s advances and attitude. She has a good reason for keeping her guard up, her father was murdered. She is smart, strong and isn’t afraid to stand up for herself. Patch is mysterious and later the truth will come out.

Who Would I Recommend This To: People who enjoyed Twilight. Also, is that the new trend - Fallen Angels? This is maybe the 5th book I’ve seen ; 1st I’ve read about fallen angels? I really thought Werewolves were going to take off but I guess it’s the fallen angel.

1 comment:

Kimberly Franklin said...

Hush, Hush is a fantastic read! And Becca is great. I interviewed her last week and she was awesome! : )

Thanks for the review!