Friday, October 22, 2010

Graphic Novel Friday: Bayou Vol. 1 by Jeremy Love


It's Graphic Novel Fridays!!
But before I write about Jeremy Love's Bayou Vol. 1, I have to write about my day. Today is Spirit Day at the middle school. A time where we dress up in our school colors, have crazy hair and celebrate our school. This morning, I forgot to wake up. I think, I thought it was Saturday. I was lying in bed, dreaming and then I heard a knock on my door. Tall Guy got out of his car and walked up to my apartment and had to knock. I scrambled to find my glasses and then looked at the clock. It was flashing 6:40am. He picks me up at 6:30am. I threw on some clothes and washed my face and raced out the door. We still made it to campus in time!!! But I ended up having to buy a school hoodie for the occassion. So, now, I'm kind of out of it. This always happens when I wake up late. I end up having a weird kind of day - this time, it's being super tired and having vertigo hit me throughout the day...so now back to our regularly scheduled program!!!
What Did I Read: Jeremy Love. Bayou Vol. 1 Zuda Comics
Why Did I Pick It Up: I was going through Previews Oct 2010 and saw that Volume 2 is coming out soon. The cover was so beautiful that I had to check the website to see what it was about. I read part of Volume 1 online and honestly, it is one of the most beautifully covered and drawn comics I've ever read. I also found the story engaging. It was both realistic and fantastic. It is about about a girl coming of age as a slave in the South who must free her father and save a girl who betrayed her. She seems to be able to flit from one world, "the real world" to another, that is filled with monsters and all kind of creatures. It was a really wonderful story and I cannot wait for Volume 2 to come out.
Who Would I Recommend This To: I think a lot of people would enjoy this story.

No comments: