Friday, April 29, 2011

Grandparents Day!!!


_DSC0117
Originally uploaded by Miss Martini (AnnaLynn M.)

It was Grandparents day at the school today. I've never had the opportunity to have grandparents visit my class because my former classes were always later in the day. However, this year was the first!
I totally didn't even know that they would be visiting my class until my student told me! (students can really save you some times!!!)
I had 9 grandparents with a class of 15 so my classroom was pretty packed.
We talked about our current project (Web 2.0 tools), we worked on Glogster and the kids had time to talk to their grandparents about what they were researching. Then we shared our finished book trailers.
It was really fun!
One of my grandparents came up to me and said, "I was going to leave because I thought this would be really boring. But I'm so glad I stayed! It was really enjoyable!" and all the grandparents seemed impressed as to what their grandkids were learning about and working on.
HURRAY!!!!

No comments: