Now, I just used a YouTube video and right now, it looks like you can use Vimeo and blip.tv. So, I will have to try to see if a TeacherTube or SchoolTube video works. But it was one of the easiest things I've ever used. Just follow along and presto!! Subtitles!!!
So here are the challenges:
- where do you host your school's videos?
- it is open to the public, so what if someone interferes with your students' videos (though, I wouldn't worry to much about this)
- it is an extra step for students' projects
- not sure how you would download the video if you did use it for class
- it is free and open
- collaborate with people all over the world
- multiple languages so this might prevent all the weird character/accent challenges that students deal with now
- video is hosted online so you don't have to worry too much about storage space