Friday, September 30, 2011

I've Got Spirit! Yes I Do!


Today was Spirit Day. It's funny. When I first started here, I never really took part. I'm not really a school spirited type of person. I mean, I'm a Banana Slug for one thing... But the last couple of years, I started dressing up a little bit. I'm still much more reserved than some of my coworkers.
But this year, I thought, let me do something fun. I love dancing so when the opportunity came where I could be part of the pep rally with some of my favorite people at work, I said "Yes!" So, today, was the day. I totally messed up. I lost count at times but it was so fun!
We did a flash mob and danced our butts off first and then slowly the kids started joining. We had teachers and students planted in the audience and before you knew it..everyone was up and dancing. It was so great to see everyone having so much fun. One of the great things about working at a middle school is that you can dress up like a clown for spirit day, help lead a dance and then just have fun because it is all part of the job. I think, that is one of the reasons I really like this job. I can actually be as silly as I want to be and it's all okay. The bosses laugh, the kids laugh and of course, I laugh.

Happy Friday! and GO WOLVERINES!!!

No comments: