Friday, April 26, 2013

AEL: Final Posted

I cannot believe it is Friday!  And that it is also the last day of my class. I had until midnight to upload my final project but I uploaded it now. I'm not very happy with it. But it is what it is...
I learned so much from that class and now I have a great collection of resources at my disposal to use for assessing my classes. I also feel more confident in using a variety of assessment tools in my Lib and Tech 7 class and will have to spend the summer working on my Tech Leadership class. I have a much better understanding of backwards design and also feel better about writing learning objectives. However, it is definitely one of those things that you need to keep doing over and over again to get into the practice of it. I suppose that's with all things. To become an expert, you just need to do and repeat.
I think, I will take the next course in the Certificate program. I would do it in the summer but we have to prepare our course for the 1:1 program that is finally starting at our school and I'm teaching 2 summer classes, one using Scratch and the other Computer basics for 5-6 graders. I need a 48 hour work day. I might have to use the mantra that Murakami mentions in his book on running, "I am a robot" so I can just plug away at things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is so great that you did this course. The program sounds really good. How do you find time to do all you do? I am interested in hearing how you use these skills next year, and what class you will take next. Go Anna!

Anna M. said...

Great question! I don't even know and next year is going to be even busier. :)