Friday, August 15, 2008

Beginning Year Tatlo (Three)

This summer has been a whirlwind of craziness - some good some bad but all meant to happen. Today I am back on campus trying to finish up on curriculum updates and new lessons while listening to Deerhoof. Students are strolling in expecting to find Blades but it's just me. Sorry to disappoint children :)

Anyway, I am planning out my first week of school, while doing all this last minute end of summer work and I am feeling very good about the coming school year. I am trying to remember the lessons from the past two years (trust me! there are a lot of them) and I am feeling much more comfortable with our lessons and also feeling more prepared with class management skills. Things I'm doing this year (after reading I think Blue Skunk Blog)
  • re-reading Fred Jones' book
  • making a seating chart
  • attempting to learn my students names and faces before I meet them
  • thinking positive thoughts

More preparation to come...Have a good one! and Hope everyone had a wonderful summer. Let's get 'em!

No comments: