Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb 10 #6: Make

"What is produced in haste goes hastily to waste"
- Saadi

What was the last thing I made: Cookies! The last batch were pumpkin whoopie pies. NOM!

Materials: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, dark brown sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, cookie sheets, cookie racks, mixer, giant bowl, parchment paper (my favorite tool when baking!!!)

Since I started working here at the school, I have baked cookies for everyone during the holiday season. I know, there are a lot of jobs out there where companies give presents and all that or the boss gives presents so this is my small way of saying thanks for making the school year fun. I just set the cookies out in the faculty lounge and post a note on the school website and everyone can go and enjoy cookies for the day. Normally, I just put the cookies out and don't leave a note. No one really reads the online message board so I used to be pretty anonymous but now, it's kind of "my thing." People ask about it and that's cool. Also, this year, I did it a lot earlier because last year the cafeteria did something similar and then there's the parent faculty lunch day. I don't expect anything. I just like baking and sharing and it's fun.

My ate (big sister in Tagalog) is having her baby shower so I'm making the "give-aways" for that. Bath fizzies and maybe some solid bubble bath bars. I kind of love the bubble bath bars more but I have to get more sodium lauryl sulfoacetate that helps make the bubbles. I have some great oils from Bramble Berry that I will use. I have to make 50! Whoo-hooo!

No comments: